Residents and visitors of Manistee County are blessed to have one of the most beautiful Great Lakes right in our backyard. Lake Michigan is a vast, fresh water lake that is a haven for swimmers, boaters, and fishermen. Along the shoreline, lighthouses add to the beauty of the sandy beaches, making for a wonderful outdoor playground. Before you make a splash, check out the following links for water temperatures.
- Central Lake Michigan from Manistee down to Little Sable Point
- Northern Lake Michigan including Manistee and Benzie areas
Though not as warm as the oceans, temperatures of Lake Michigan do rise to the high 60s in July and August to make swimming enjoyable, and definitely refreshing! Rarely do temperatures make it to the 70s, unless air temperatures stay up in the 90s for many continuous days.
If Lake Michigan is still too chilly for your taste, head to the warmer inland waters of Manistee County lakes such as Bear Lake, Arcadia Lake, Manistee Lake, Portage Lake, Bar Lake and many others. Since they're smaller, they tend to warm more quickly than Lake Michigan.
Manistee area beaches are some of the nicest and cleanest you'll find anywhere. You can choose whether or not to join the crowds at the highly populated spots---or find a private beach that's less busy. Sunning, swimming, or building that special sand castle--Manistee area beaches offer it all!
More About the Manistee Area in Northwest Michigan...
- Onekama Days Every August
- Experience the Seasons Along M-22
- Visit Manistee in Northwest Michigan
- Visit Arcadia in Manistee County
- Visit The "Two Lake Town" of Onekama in Manistee County
- Get Spooked at Manistee's Ghost Ship on October Weekends
- Lake Michigan Water Temperatures for the Manistee County Area
- Visit Downtown Manistee, the Victorian Port City
- Manistee Library Events
- Manistee County Car Shows
- Relocate to Manistee, Michigan--A Wonderful Family Community
- Discover Downtown Manistee's Riverwalk!
- Explore Manistee County's Festivals and Events
- Travel Manistee County in Northwest Michigan
Discover More Things To Do in Northwest Michigan...
Things to Do in Grand Traverse County -- There's such a variety of things to keep you entertained while you're in the Traverse City area! Boredom is never a problem here in Traverse City!
Things to Do in Leelanau County -- In addition to Fishtown in downtown Leland, be sure to visit some of the other attractions found in Leelanau County.
Things to Do in Benzie County -- In addition to sandy beaches along the Lake Michigan shoreline, the county is home of part of the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, lighthouses at Point Betsie and Frankfort, and the Betsie Valley Trail for hiking and biking along 22 miles from Elberta to Thompsonville.
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
More Things to Do Around Lake Michigan...
Northern Michigan Activities & Things to Do -- Northern Michigan offers many fun things to do for the entire family whatever the season, whatever the reason!
West Michigan Things to Do -- Check this site out for our largest list of West Michigan Activities.
Eastern Wisconsin Things to Do -- There are a variety of activities in Eastern Wisconsin. Visit an amusement park, take a train or trolley tour, go kayaking, go for a cruise, visit a lighthouse, check out a garden, visit Lambeau Field, home to the Green Bay Packers, and much more.